Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After interrupting iPhotos import to mac from iPhone, it is not allowing me to shut down computer as it says 'Importing photos from library' i also cannot import photos from phone! Please help, VERY frustrating. Thanks.

After recently purchasing a mac i decided to upload my photos from my iPhone to iPhoto. I accidentally disconnected the charger and now whenever i click 'import photos' it tells me that iPhoto is 'importing photos to library' which i can tell you it is not. because the phone is not connected and it has been doing it for days now.i tried to force quit and it hasn't work. It won't let me shut the computer down now either as it thinks it is currently importing something so i have to wait for the computers battery to die which is ridiculous. Becoming increasingly frustrated with this problem and not sure where else to turn. Please help. Thanks, Neil.

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 2:21 PM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2015 2:41 PM in response to Neil-macg

If the  ➙ Force Quit method won't let you shutdown iPhoto try this command in the Terminal:

killall iPhoto

followed by the Return or Enter key

It might take more than one go for it to take.

Failing that close all other applications and hold the power button down until the computer shuts down. Reboot and try iPhoto again.

User uploaded file

After interrupting iPhotos import to mac from iPhone, it is not allowing me to shut down computer as it says 'Importing photos from library' i also cannot import photos from phone! Please help, VERY frustrating. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.