Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long log in times for new user

I am having a devil of a time deploying 10.9 and 10.10. I am deploying Macs in a lab environment which sits in an AD world. I usually followed the same pattern of image creation: 1) create a test profile, 2) Install and configure the programs and the dock, 3) Copy the profile, and 4) then test with both a local and admin accounts. With Lion and Mountain Lion, everything worked fine. The new user was able to log on with the default user template profile that was copied. Now with 10.9.5, the network user (with a network Home Page) takes 5 minutes to log on when I copy a profile to the User Templates folder. I can't create a new user from Users and Groups because the system preferences wont close because it is still busy creating the user. I use Deploy Studio and Profile Manager to push out images. I followed my procedures to the core including repairing the permissions, deleting the key chain, and clearing out the application caches. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything new in regards to Active Directory in Mavericks and Yosemite and OS X? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 5:27 PM

1 reply

Long log in times for new user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.