Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I put in a passcode before connecting to itunes or icloud, now i forgot the password and am having trouble restoring. Please help

I put in a passcode before connecting to itunes or icloud, now i forgot the password and am having trouble restoring. Please help

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 6:40 PM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2015 6:46 PM in response to MaximilianoBojorquez

Hi Max,

If you want to restore your iPod Touch but forgot your password. You can do is to DFU your iOS device:

First: Put the device into DFU mode.

DFU MODE STEPS

1. Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
  2. Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
  3. Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
  4. Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

Second: Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you can manually restore using the following steps.

IOS Restore Steps

Before restoring:

Restoring your iOS device

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
  3. Click Restore.
  4. After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
  5. If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.