Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano skipping songs

Hello, I downloaded an album, added it to my iTunes and the songs play as expected, but when I add them to my iPod eight of the ten songs are completely skipped over. They are there for an instant and then the software moves to the next song (What I'd imagine it would look like if the song was 0 seconds long). I have already tried the troubleshooting guide ( Troubleshooting songs that skip on iPod) and it did not work.

I looked for differences in the "File" section and the only difference was the id 3 tags (The 2 songs that worked were v2.4 and the others were v2.3). I converted all the other songs to v2.4 and they still didn't work.

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 9:41 PM

so delete the album from itunes and computer. then look in "hidden purchases" and it should appear there. try downloading it again. see if that works.

2 replies

Jan 14, 2015 2:25 PM in response to AnthonyT.

redownloading worked, thanks.

Just for added info, I downloaded the album from a music website that is not iTunes or Apple related. Just to check, before redownloading, I ran the files through this: http://www.gromkov.com/faq/repair/mp3_validator.html and all the files were fine. So, something went wrong with the download and that caused some files to not play on an MP3 device and is undetectable? Or is it just that the program I used doesn't check for compatibility with MP3 players?

iPod nano skipping songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.