Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is causing my usage to increase after EVERYTHING has been disabled and shut off? I reset my stats and sat in the same spot on wifi over last two hours and watched my usage go up

data usage increases on wifi

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 9:21 PM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2015 7:37 AM in response to sambranoronnie

Hi there sambranoronnie,

It sounds like you are seeing lots of cellular data being used when it should be using the Wi-Fi connection for data. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article to help you resolve the issue here:

iPhone cellular data connection issues

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Make sure that your software is up to date:
  4. Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
  5. If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try turning it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
  6. Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still doesn't, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  7. Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  8. Restore the iPhone as new.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

what is causing my usage to increase after EVERYTHING has been disabled and shut off? I reset my stats and sat in the same spot on wifi over last two hours and watched my usage go up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.