Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why was wattpad deleted from the app store?

I found out that an app called wattpad was deleted from the app store. I have the app but it keeps crashing whenever I try to open it. Some people told me that if you delete the app, and re-download it from the "purchases" tab on the app store, it will work again. I have tried this three times and it crashed every time. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2. Why is wattpad not opening on my phone? Why was it deleted?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 10:01 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2015 1:15 PM in response to Brownie boy

Wattpad developer here. We ran into a serious crash issue in the most recent version, which I'm assuming is what you're experiencing, so we pulled it from the App Store to prevent more users from updating to the version that crashes. We submitted a new version and it will be back in the App Store as soon as it's approved.

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

<Edited by Host>

Why was wattpad deleted from the app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.