Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 and bluetooth headset call answer issue

I have a problem answering a phone-call using headset Jabra BT2050 with iPhone6 (iOS 8.1.2)

Phone calling is perfectly ok with this bluetooth headset.

Instead I observe a problem answering an incoming call using Jabra BT2050 (pressing the button or switching it ON during the incoming-ring):

- the audio output use the normal iPhone speaker and not the the bluetooth Jabra headset (as it must do)

- so I have to manual select the correct audio source during a call (to use the bluetoot Jabra)

This is very dangerous for safety, just imagine answering (and then manual selecting) when driving a car.

I've found this workaround, but uses headset (if connected)even if you answer sliding the iPhone:

- Setting/General/Accessibility/Call Audio Routing(set Headset, instead of Automatic)

I have had no problem at all for 3 years (using Jabra BT2050 with iPhone4 iOS 5,6,7)

Someone is experiencing the same problem ?

Sorry for my English.

Bye

iOS 8

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 2:19 AM

8 replies

Feb 2, 2015 2:40 AM in response to Bepash

The same problem is still present with iOS 8.1.3

(headset Jabra BT2050 with iPhone6 iOS 8.1.3)

The only workaround I found is this below

- Setting/General/Accessibility/Call Audio Routing(set Headset, instead of Automatic)

but in this way it uses headset (if connected)even if you answer sliding the iPhone

That's quite incredible from Apple, while using the state of the art for device and iOS (the best iOS and iPhone ever)

Steve, we miss you !

Mar 12, 2015 1:29 AM in response to Bepash

Better with iOS 8.2 (headset Jabra BT2050 with iPhone6)

Now seems all right if the Jabra is ON and bluetooth connected (using default:Setting/General/Accessibility/Call Audio Routing/Automatic)

I found still present just the issue when answering an incoming call with Jabra BT2050 OFF ... switching it ON during the incoming-ring it answers the call, but the phone speaker is used (instead the headset speaker)

Mar 27, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Bepash

Heh. Funny what you all see as a problem is the exact behavior my husband and I wanted from our phones. I don't care how I answer the phone (headset button or sliding the screen), if I'm paired to my headset and it's on, I want the call to go there. It wasn't because it was set to Automatic. So we changed our to Headset and it works just as we want.

I hope they don't change it.. sorry.

Mar 28, 2015 10:10 AM in response to S_Edwards

S_Edwards,

I wrote that with iOS 8.2 the Automatic mode has been fixed and, when the bluetooth headset is connected, it works right.

The issue is still present only with automatic mode ON and Jabra BT2050 headset OFF. In this condition, if you switch ON the headset during the incoming-ring, the call will be answered but using the phone speaker (instead of the headset speaker)

This is not what expected and it's not safe, for example, driving a car ... isn't it ?

For this reason I have still set "Call Audio Routing" with Headset instead of Automatic, but in this way the headset will be used even if I answer sliding on the phone. It's good for you but not for me, sorry ;-) ... automatic must be automatic.

Anyway, even if Apple will fix for Automatic mode this will not affect at all the mode you prefer (Headset) ... so it will not change anything for you.

I hope Apple will fix.

Jul 2, 2015 2:47 PM in response to Bepash

After updating to ios 8.3 my logitech wireless headset not working for voice calling. I can listen the music but if dialling someone headset not working already check all suggestion from online thread even reset it the setting also(i'm using iphone 6 plus). Even tried with my other iphone 5 , replaced my headset also thought might be something wrong with headset but same probelm

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Oct 7, 2015 9:56 AM in response to skfromfaridabad

Same problem with iPhone 6+ and iOS 9.0.2. Apple replaced my iPhone 6+ thinking it is a hardware problem, but the new phone has the same problem. Mine will only do this on the first incoming call after the phone is powered on. Once you select the bluetooth device on the first incoming call (using the audio routing button), it then works on all subsequent incoming calls (until the next time you power off/on the phone).

I ended up going to "General->Accessibility->Call audio routing" and setting it to "Bluetooth Headset". So obviously the "Automatic" mode has some bug.

iOS 8 and bluetooth headset call answer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.