Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use airdrop from Macbook pro Notes to iPad Mini Notes?

I use Macbook Pro OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 & iPad Mini v 8.1.2 - Why can I not use airdrop from my Macbook Pro Notes to iPad Mini Notes? The airdrop icon is just not available on Notes on my Macbook, but it is available on the iPad? How can I fix this please?? Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2017 10:09 AM

guys i don't know how to fix the airdrop problem this can help you send notes to your iphone

1.make sure both mac and iphone are using same apple account for icloud and you have enabled notes backup.

2.drag any folder from "on my mac" to "icloud"

User uploaded file

3.That's it. it'll be in the "icloud" on iphone

User uploaded file

20 replies

Jan 14, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Schooker

Hello Schooker,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are trying to AirDrop content from the Mac to the iPad. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jan 18, 2015 4:13 AM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

Thanks for your reply. But NO sadly this did not help at all! I had been through all of the link you sent before you even sent it! As mentioned The "AirDrop" Icon is just not available in Notes on my Macbook Pro!?? Nowhere can I seem to find out why the Airdrop icon is not available on the pull down menu or "share" menu on Notes!? Attached is a screen shot so you may better understand what I am talking about!

User uploaded file

Could you please assist and tell me why if you look on the right drop down menu, you can see I am able to share with "mail, Messages, Facebook, Twitter but NO AirDrop?? (under "more".... there is nothing that changes this either!) How can this be fixed?? or Why is Airdrop not an option to share from Notes on the MacBook Pro (as already mentioned, the AirDrop icon on Notes on the iPad IS available??..)

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your help.

Jan 19, 2015 9:49 PM in response to Matt Clifton

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. What I can't understand is that on the Notes on the iPad the Airdrop icon is available on my Macbook, it seems that it is only in "Notes" that the same Airdrop icon is missing?? I did not have to sync anything else? (photos, docs, etc) So it does not make sense to me at all. The iPad technically is mine, but I am letting my mum use it, & have set up an email etc for her, now she has gone home (another country) so not able to sync it anyway. I was airdropping docs, pics etc to the iPad for her while she was here. Hopefully she will be able to get used to the email, and learn how to copy and paste or save docs etc that I send by email (she is 77 never used a computer before!)

Nov 18, 2015 10:09 AM in response to CathyVon

Why is nobody understanding his question?! If you have a "Note" on an iOS device you can Airdrop to people nearby. On the Mac when you have a "Note" that you want to airdrop to someone else with their own device with Airdrop capability, the icon is not there. When you click "more" the Airdrop option is greyed out.

Does anyone know why or how to make the function available?

Jul 23, 2016 6:06 PM in response to mario49

the question addresses the unaccessibility of airdrop from notes in mac OS: the system doesn't allow sharing notes through airdrop with another ios device (iPad or iPhone). And being a native and straightforward feature in iOS devices and being able to use It the other way around (iPad to Mac or iPhone to mac via airdrop) doesn't make any sense no being able to do it from the Mac. Why and when is going to be fixed?

Why can't I use airdrop from Macbook pro Notes to iPad Mini Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.