Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We have family sharing set up between all the family idevices. Can we share either Notes or a Pages document between devices?

We have family sharing set up between all the family I devices. We want to collaborate on a document. Can we share either Notes or a Pages document between devices? We are all using iPad 2 or later and/or iPod touch or iPhone 5

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 10:50 AM

The "Sharing" part of Family Sharing refers mainly to purchased content. iCloud synced content such as Notes and contacts as well as documents is not included. While I do not know of anyway to share notes, iWorks documents can be shared directly from the app via an iCloud link.

2 replies

May 28, 2015 4:43 PM in response to tcleverley

i had the same problem. Apparently you can't do it through iCloud/ family,sharing. However, if you have an email account you both share, go into settings>mail, select that email account, turn on Notes. Then go into settings>notes and make that email account your default. If you don't have a shared email account, set one up In Gmail just for this purpose.

We have family sharing set up between all the family idevices. Can we share either Notes or a Pages document between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.