Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac downloading from but not uploading to iCloud Drive

Since I upgraded to Yosemite and iCloud Drive a few weeks ago, my iMac (27", 2010) no longer uploads files to iCloud, but it does receive files and updates from other devices. For instance, if I add a PDF to the Preview app on my MacBook Pro (13" retina, 2012), it shows up on the iMac, but not the other way around - any file I add to iCloud Drive on the iMac winds up just sitting there with a little dotted cloud icon next to it in Preview, and does not show up on the MacBook Pro, my iOS 8 devices or icloud.com. I have files that have been stuck like that for over a week now. Has anyone else seen this problem? Are there any workarounds?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 27", 2010

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 11:26 AM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2015 11:39 AM in response to brianus

Hello brianus,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with iCloud Drive. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

Get help using iCloud Drive - Apple Support

What if my files aren’t updating to iCloud?

Check these things first:

• Check your Internet connection. In your iOS device’s status bar, look for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon. On your computer, look in your local network utility for an active wired or wireless network connection. Then open a website from your browser to make sure you're connected.
  • Sign in to iCloud on all of your devices, and turn on iCloud Drive.
  • Install the latest versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. See which versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote you can use with iCloud Drive.
  • Make sure you have enough iCloud storage. If you exceed your iCloud storage quota, your files won’t upload to iCloud Drive and edits won’t update across your devices. Learn how to upgrade your iCloud storage.
  • Create a new document and save it to see if it uploads to iCloud. If it does, see if the other documents start uploading.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Jan 14, 2015 1:50 PM in response to bobby_d

Unfortunately I don't think this applies to me..

- No internet connection issues and the device in question is not running iOS, but OS X

- All of my devices are already signed into iCloud and using iCloud Drive (yes, Drive, not the pre-Yosemite version of iCloud)

- Numbers, Pages and Keynote were updated to the versions released on December 27th

- I have 11.2GB of iCloud space available according to all of my devices. The documents I'm attempting to upload from the iMac are small PDFs with few pages and almost no graphics, typically only a few hundred KB in size.

- Again, I upload to iCloud regularly on all of my devices. The NUmbers document I uploaded from my iPad last night and the PDF I uploaded from my MacBook Pro are both in iCloud and have downloaded automatically to the iMac. However, none of the documents I upload from the iMac show up anywhere and they all have the dotted line cloud icon.

Mac downloading from but not uploading to iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.