Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x musical typing has no shortcut key

Hi

I have logic pro X on two computers and on the mac book there is a shortcut for the musical typing keyboard in logic pro x.

But in the desktop it is not there. It has just been updated to the latest version. Can someone enlighten me.

Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 11:09 AM

12 replies

Jan 14, 2015 3:21 PM in response to kelwyn68

Okay..

In the meantime here are screenshots of the menu items under different OS X versions.. on my various testbed system...

10.8.5 using US key command preset

User uploaded file

10.9.5 using US Key command preset

User uploaded file

10.10, 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 using US Key Commend Preset

User uploaded file

However.. with any OS X version and using the LP9 Key Command preset in LPX rather than the US one....

User uploaded file

...you get this....

User uploaded file

Note: No CMD + K as that wasn't part of the LP9 key command list....

Feb 5, 2016 2:26 PM in response to magomusica

You cannot as Caps Lock is now designated and reserved for its main purpose in OS X as part of Apple's Apps Design Guidelines..

Much along the same lines as the change from ESC to T to bring up the tools menu....

CMD + K isn't that hard to remember is it?

Note: If you are using a Key Command set that doesn't have the CMD + K assigned.. (and you want to use that combo... or any other key combo that isn't already used or reserved..)

Just do it yourself via the Command Key Editor... (Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit)

User uploaded file

logic pro x musical typing has no shortcut key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.