Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo Mail Issues

I am having an issue my Yahoo mail account. Earlier today I stopped receiving mail via OSx. I continued receiving mail as normal on my iPhone. I delete the account from OSx and re-added. When I did it populated all the folders except my "Inbox". It shows no messages in the inbox and is still not receiving new messages. It sends messages fine. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 5:01 PM

36 replies

Jan 14, 2015 5:51 AM in response to DustnF

Hi dustin, I have the exact same problem! with yahoo.com

In yahoo account I have rules and folders.

I have configured on apple mail the yahoo account as imap. I receive mail in folders but in the main folder (inbox) I can't receive.

I deleted the account and reinstalled it. The inbox folder is empty.

On my ipad and my iphone all works well.

I tried with a gmail account at it works well.

Jan 14, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Marcojj

It is very odd because my wife and our kids' emails are still working fine on the iMac and all the devices. Same service provider, all using Yahoo mail. It's just the one email account (mine) that isn't getting email in Mail's inbox on the iMac, but I can still send email out fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone discovers a solution before I start investigating other clients. Mail may not be the best email client around, but its what everyone in the family is used to.

Jan 15, 2015 5:41 PM in response to DustnF

Chatted with Apple Support last night on this - they have no clue though still have an open ticket number. As with others all other folders from Yahoo but the inbox are fine. On their advice I went through the arduous reloading of OSX-Yo and still nothing. Account works fine on all iOS devices just not on the Mac Pro nor my Macbook. Tried several of the remedies from the community but the inbox sync from yahoo is just stuck according to the activity window. This happened once before in December but cleared up on its own - just crossing my fingers that this "clears up" up soon as spontaneously as it happened and Apple finds the glitch.

Other things you'll note - All other folders are up to date but the inbox - in fact eventually all emails in the yahoo inbox will magically disappear. Also you may notice multiple yahoo STMP and IMAP connections (3-5) in the connectivity doctor - this stumped the Apple Support person. The file structure in the ~/Library/mail/V2 folder was normal - backed this entire folder up to my Timecapsule as a safeguard before I started deleting and adding more accounts.

Hope this helps others seeing this for the first time - I would suspect that the issue is something that is OSX Yo and Yahoo server related. Wonder if our Windoze friends are see this as well...

Jan 15, 2015 6:43 PM in response to DustnF

Experiencing same problem -- just started today. Glad to hear problem seems to have magically disappeared for some of you, but would feel much better if Apple could publish solution, rather than just having to sit and wait in hope that the same thing will happen to me. Have restarted computer and deleted/re-added my account, but without success.

Yahoo Mail Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.