Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV cannot connect to iMovie Theater Channel

My Apple TV (3rd generation) CAN connect to My Music, My Films etc... but CANNOT connect anymore to the iMovie Theater Channel. The Apple TV is up to date and its "region" is correct. It happened when I updated my iMac to Yosemite and to the new iMovie application. But the home made movies on the iMovie Theater were posted before the Yosemite update and I had no trouble connecting to them. Thank you in advance.

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 5:38 PM

29 replies

Apr 29, 2017 4:55 AM in response to bacave

I got the same problem when I exchanged my Internet Router (Wired to the internet), to a 4G Router from Hauwei. Its the same on all my AppleTV unit, gen 2-3-4.

iMovie on iPad and iPhone works ok.

If I make a wifi sharepoint on my iPhone, and connect my AppleTV to this, it works perfectly on my AppleTV units??

I dont know what to do on my internetrouter for make the AppleTV work this way.

Apr 8, 2015 6:41 AM in response to bacave

bacave I had the same problem trying to connect to iMovie Theater AND iCloud Photos. The message was "iCloud not available, try later" or "incorrect Apple ID or password".

I did a "reset of all connections" (not to factory settings) and then I use my iphone to configure the Apple TV.

After that everything is working properly.

Hope its helps.

Jul 4, 2015 9:09 PM in response to bacave

Hi...just wondering if you ever found a solution to this iMovie Theatre not working on Apple TV (3rd)? I've been talking to Support for a week and nobody's ever heard of this problem, and have no advice! One tech said he would try it on his unit, and lo and behold, he got the same error message, suggesting it's a system problem with Apple. I'm still not so sure.

Aug 7, 2015 6:58 AM in response to bacave

I have exactly the same problem since months. Before that everything worked great.

"There is a problem with your internet connection.......".

Apple TV is connected via Lan-Cable to a "tp-link access point tl-wa901nd" which is also connected via Lan-Cable to a FritzBox 7490.

Everything else workes fine except iMovie Theater.

There has to be a solution to this problem right?

I mean it did work perfectly back then.

Aug 13, 2015 9:32 PM in response to bacave

MBP-10.10.4, AppleTV Gen 3, Ipad Air 2 - IOS 8.4.

Imovie Theatre works on the MBP and the iPad, but not accessible from the Apple TV. Error message: "Cannot Connect to iMovie Theatre. There may be a problem with iCloud or you internet connection, Try again later." iCloud Photos are viewable, and other apps work just fine.

My Apple TV is doing the same thing, for the second time! After trying several things, such as logout of iCloud, reboot the Apple TV, etc., iMovie Theatre was still not accessible. I fixed the problem the first time, by doing a reset to factory conditions on the Apple TV. After logging back into iCloud, the iMovie Theatre was available, and I could view the movies. The agravating thing about a factory reset is, you have to login to all of the apps that you use again, that's not a quick solution. Now, it has quit working again. I don't use the Theatre frequently on the Apple TV, just when I want to show someone some new movies, so I don't know when it stopped working the 2nd time. I have uploaded some more movies from my MacBook Pro, maybe that breaks it.

Apple TV cannot connect to iMovie Theater Channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.