Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I connect my iPhone 5 or iPad 4 to my tv using a VGA adapter, the picture is horrible pink, purple.

My daughter bought me a VGA adapter for me for Christmas so I could watch my Netflix on the tv while working around the house (my house time is very limited). I bought a VGA cable, and hooked it up, and got PINK! The picture is unwatchable for $50 plus the cable, it is a great disappointment.

I searched all over for a solution, and so far, no luck. I tried three different VGA cables, and one is more pink/purple than the other. I see that others, using projectors and many Samsung tvs have had the same issue, and only one was resolved by squeezing the connection really hard.

Does anyone know of a solution? It is very important that I get this to work. The store to return the VGA adapter is very far away, and I can't make a trip out there for at least a month. I don't think they will take it back by then.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1, Also iPad 4

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 5:17 PM

5 replies

Jan 15, 2015 9:48 PM in response to Rudegar

YEs, my tv is actually a giant monitor. I have three brand new cables, that I have tried backwards and forwards to get the green to work. Apparently the red and blue work fine.

I Had a neat little docking station with my iPhone 4s that played videos to the TV, so I tried an adapter first, but all it would do was charge. So, my daughter bought me the vga adapter after doing some internet research. I wonder if it is the adapter itself that has an issue. Or perhaps the vga connector on the tv....As many others seemed to have the same issue, I thought perhaps it had been resolved, and no one just got back to the forums with the answer.

THanks for for the reply.

Jan 15, 2015 9:57 PM in response to anypats

Thanks, I tried three different brand new cables, all with the same result. One seems to give a better blue, but no green. I may have to drag the desktop computer across the room to see if it works clearly as a monitor for that. That would eliminate the possibility that the connector on the tv is bad.

Anybody have any more thoughts/ideas?

When I connect my iPhone 5 or iPad 4 to my tv using a VGA adapter, the picture is horrible pink, purple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.