Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone6plus design

Hi
Im am writing as an aggravated consumer of the new apple iphone6 plus.
I have been a solid supporter of apple since I can remember and especially of apple handsets.
I have now recently the last 6 months had an iphone 6plus and recently had it repaired from an accidental screen break,
why I have resulted in reaching out is because only one week of having my phone returned to me through being repaired from our service provider Telstra has again slipped from my hands and smashed on the the ground!
I have not had this issue with any other model iphone and thoroughly disappointed I now have a smashed apple iphone 6plus that is going to cost me another 500$ au to repair.
I have found the chasis to be extremely extremely slippery and inappropriate to be held in the palm of your hand to be used as a mobile phone. I like the idea of the size of the phone but it is just too slippery.
As a consumer I love having apple products but I feel apple have really dropped the ball here in regards to design and usability for a cell phone.

The ability to hold it in one hand I feel has not been solved here text typing one hand is impossible and slips out too easy.
Id like to state here I am not a clumsy person I have a solid grip being a tradesman and audio visual technician and have not had any broken screen in regards to previous models.
Im hoping that this is received by someone out there in apple land that is empathetic to my situation and can take some constructive critism on board to help mold the future and better for apple products.
I hope I did not come across to hostile but would appreciate some sort of feedback and discussion in regards to similer experiences throughout the community,

thankyou
apple lover

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 11:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2015 2:14 AM in response to Appleluva82

You are not addressing Apple here, this is a user to user forum, and Apple does not follow these discussions.

To tell Apple about your thoughts, please use this link: Apple - iPhone - Feedback

If your screen broke, Apple can replace the screen of your device, but not at the costs you mentioned. Only if the phone took more damage, you'll have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty-Service fee of A$ 428.95

iPhone Screen Repair

Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.
Model Screen repair service fee
iPhone 6 A$ 148.95
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s,
iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
A$ 178.95
The screen repair service fee includes a A$ 19.95 shipping fee. All fees are in Australian dollars and include GST. Pricing may vary for screen repair service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider or your wireless carrier.

copied fromService Answer Center - iPhone/Australia

Iphone6plus design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.