Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I seem to have two apple id's. How do I get rid of one?

I am trying to access the Cloud to find a lost document, but I seem to have two apple id's, one is verified. I can't access cloud. How can I do that? Is there any other way to find my document? It means another week of work if not.

iMac

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 1:23 AM

4 replies

Jan 15, 2015 8:41 AM in response to SGayleC

Hi SGayleC,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If you created your document on your iMac, it should still exist on the hard drive, even if you uploaded it to iCloud. Have you done a spotlight search to find it?

OS X Yosemite: Search with Spotlight
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18828

Here is how to find and manage your Apple ID's

How to find your Apple ID - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354

How to find your Apple ID

Use these steps if you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one.

Your Apple ID is the primary email address for your Apple ID account, and the personal account that you use for everything you do with Apple: shop the iTunes & App Store, sign in to iCloud, use iMessage, and more. You only need one Apple ID. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing and might cause issues when you access purchased content or use some services.

If you forgot your Apple ID or you aren't sure that you have one, use these steps:

1. Go to My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID.
  2. Enter your first name, last name, current email address, and any prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID.
    • If you can't find a matching Apple ID, you can create a new one.
    • If you find multiple Apple IDs, select the one that matches your current email address.
  3. If you find your Apple ID, you can follow the onscreen steps to access your account. You'll be asked to reset your password.

After you sign in to My Apple ID, you can update your Apple ID email address to make sure it's an address you won't forget. You can also use these steps to change your password.

Last Modified:

Cheers,

Judy

Jan 19, 2015 11:28 AM in response to judysings

Hi judysings-

I sent the previous message just to see if it would disappear like the earlier one I mentioned.

Here is my problem.

This pops up constantly -

"This Mac can't connect to ICloud because of a problem with ********* Open ICloud preferences..."

I click on ICloud preferences and get "Verify ICloud password for *********. Enter password."

I don't remember that password but try authenticate instead. I enter my birthdate and am told it's wrong.

********* is an old account of mine.

********* is the current account and is the Apple ID and Primary email address. I find this account and verified information when I go to my Apple id. Only this information is shown, not another address for Apple ID and all looks OK and verified.

Help.

Gayle

<E-mail Edited by Host>

Jan 19, 2015 11:38 AM in response to SGayleC

Hi SGayleC,

It appears that your iCloud account on your Mac is still associated with the old email address. On your Mac, In System Preferences, are you able to click on iCloud and sign out of your old account? If so, you should then be able to sign in with your correct Apple ID and password.

I'm including some information on this below, and a link to our Apple ID support team if you need it.

OS X Yosemite: If you sign out of iCloud
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18999?viewlocale=en_US

OS X Yosemite: If you sign out of iCloud

If you sign out in iCloud preferences, your iCloud mail, calendars, reminders, notes, and documents stored in iCloud are removed from your Mac. If you have photos in My Photo Stream that aren’t imported, they’re removed from your Mac. Your bookmarks and Reading List remain in Safari, but the iCloud Tabs list of webpages open on your other devices is no longer available.

When you sign out of iCloud, you’re asked whether you want to keep a copy of the data for Contacts and Safari passwords. If you keep copies of the iCloud data, iCloud doesn’t keep the copy up to date with changes on your other devices.

Copy iCloud documents and data before signing out

Before signing out of iCloud, you can copy or archive iCloud documents and data to your Mac.

iCloud Drive: For instructions on copying documents to your Mac, see Store documents with iCloud Drive.

Documents and data you copy to your Mac aren’t kept up to date with changes on your other devices.

After signing out of iCloud on your Mac, you can still access your iCloud documents and data on your other devices set up for iCloud and on iCloud.com. If you sign in to iCloud again on your Mac, your iCloud documents and data reappear on your Mac.

Last Modified: Nov 18, 2014

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

I seem to have two apple id's. How do I get rid of one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.