Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac bluetooth keyboard wont work on Yosemite

I have a late 2013 21" iMac and i partitioned the hard disk in 2. I have mavericks on one and i recently downloaded Yosemite on the other parition and restarted into it. It gives me options for country language but THE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD DOENST WORK. The magic mouse works but i cant get past the Create a computer account screen since i need to input some letters. I cant login or access my mac and restarting also boots into yosemite and i don't know how to get back to mavericks. HELP cant use my mac :/

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 5:39 AM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Warboss

Hello Warboss,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like the keyboard is not responding. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues - Apple Support

Keyboard

• Push and release the On/Off switch to turn on the Apple Wireless Keyboard.
  • When your keyboard is on and paired, and the batteries are charged, the light will glow steadily for several seconds, then turn off.
  • If your wireless keyboard isn’t paired with your Mac, the indicator light will begin to blink. This indicates your keyboard is in discovery mode and ready to pair with your Mac.
  • If the LED doesn't light up, remove the batteries to make sure they're good and that they're installed correctly.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

iMac bluetooth keyboard wont work on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.