Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not syncing albums after email change

A few months ago I changed my Apple ID email address but I forgot to sign out of iCloud on my mac. A couple of days ago I finally did that and when I started up iPhoto it appeared to be re-syncing the iCloud album streams. All the albums are there but almost all of them are empty. The strange thing is that the albums are all there on my other devices and even browsable on my Apple TV.

So how do I get my mac's iPhoto to re-download all the photos from PhotoStream?

I'm using a mid-2010 mac with Mavericks and iPhoto 9.5.1

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 10:51 AM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2015 10:57 AM in response to matthewfromnew malden

Are you asking about shared albums (Shared Photo Streams) or "My Photo Stream?

The shared albums may need several days to reappear. The first day all shared albums were empty. I had to wait two days, until the photos were back.

If your "My Photo Stream" will reappear will depend on when you last added photos to it. The images in My Photo Stream are not stored in iCloud forever, only the last 1000 photos are kept in iCloud, and only for a month. Even if you are seeing photos on other devices in My Photo Stream, they may no longer be in iCloud. (iCloud: Get help using My Photo Stream)

Jan 14, 2015 11:16 AM in response to léonie

My Photo Stream is there. It's the other albums that are not showing up with content (though the album titles are visible, they just say 0 photos.) The albums are all shared with other iCloud users. I understand that they might take a while to appear (it's been 3 days) but I don't understand why they would not show up on iPhoto but can still be viewed on my Apple TV.

I am now using the new ID on all devices in all sign-ins.

Jan 14, 2015 11:25 AM in response to matthewfromnew malden

but I don't understand why they would not show up on iPhoto but can still be viewed on my Apple TV.

They have to be downloaded to your Mac again from iCloud.

If the photo streams do not reappear, try if removing the content of this folder will help: It contains the photos downloaded from the shared streams. Perhaps one photo is corrupted.

~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub-shared/

• Quit iPhoto
  • Move the folder above from your User Library to the Trash.
  • Restart your Mac.

Your user library is hidden by default. To open the hidden User Library:

• Use the Finder's "Go" menu.
  • Click "Go", then hold down the options key, until you are seeing "Library" in the drop down menu appear and click it.

In the Finder window that will open navigate to the folders Application Support, then iLifeAssetManagement ...

iPhoto not syncing albums after email change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.