Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random volume changes?

I've noticed in the last month or so that my volume will randomly drop when listening to podcasts. It's sort of like the way the volume drops when you receive a text message, except it's happening when I'm not getting any messages or notifications at all, and it doesn't go back to normal volume unless I hit the "15-sec skip" button or quit the app and reopen it. The volume slider doesn't show any change, and stop/starting the playback does nothing.

Anyone else?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 8:12 AM

4 replies

Feb 22, 2015 3:32 PM in response to westcoastbrian

Not 100% sure which version update for ios 8, but definitely happening to me and I have updated to the latest version with no change.

The volume seems to randomly just attenuate (you know like when Google Maps is telling you something over music or whatever) but the volume never returns to normal.

I though rebooting the app would help, but it seems only rebooting the phone resets it.

Thing is eventually it comes back. Hope they work it out...

Random volume changes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.