Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I reset network settings will I lose pictures and contacts?

If I reset my phone to network settings will I lose pictures and contacts?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2, trouble with voicemail

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 6:30 PM

The only reason I wanted to reset was because sometimes my phone doesn't notify me that I have a voicemail. On the apple website it recommended to go to general>reset>network settings. Any other advice for helping for voice mail notifications. Sometimes it lets me know immediately other times 3 hours later or 2-3 days later. So frustrating.

THank you

Johnita

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2015 6:30 PM in response to Drew Reece

The only reason I wanted to reset was because sometimes my phone doesn't notify me that I have a voicemail. On the apple website it recommended to go to general>reset>network settings. Any other advice for helping for voice mail notifications. Sometimes it lets me know immediately other times 3 hours later or 2-3 days later. So frustrating.

THank you

Johnita

Jan 14, 2015 4:10 PM in response to Johnitamargarita

Resetting network settings on iOS should not effect those items, however if you have mixed up the terms you may be talking about something different.

Can you try explaining where you see the 'reset' option

e.g. is it one of these is so which one?

Settings app > Wifi > …

Settings app > Mobile > Mobile data network …

Settings app > General > Reset …

It would be a good idea to make an iTunes or iCloud backup before making any changes.

Jan 14, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Johnitamargarita

If Apple suggest that for the issue you should try it.

Voicemail comes over the telephone data network, perhaps if you reset & recreate the settings it could work correctly. I suspect you will need to contact your carrier if it continues, sadly this is something that could be because of either party so Apple may pass you to the carrier who then pass you back to Apple…

Maybe book an appointment at an Apple store if you have one locally.

Good luck.

If I reset network settings will I lose pictures and contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.