Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 27" late 2009 iMac will not power on. Prior to this it had a couple of issues of screen going black. Advice please!

Today my late 2009 iMac went blank, then I got a picture again, then it went blank and I had to turn it off and restart using the power button. It then worked fine for a few hours, until the same thing hppened again. The screen flashed on and off a couple of times, then stayed off although I could hear the fan and that it was backing up. When I could hear the backup had stopped I turned it off with the power button, checked for over heating, then left it a few hours. I cleaned out the vents, unplugged it from the power supply for a few minutes, then reconnected and tried to power on. Absolutely no response. PleApple service centrease can anyone tell me what to do?

Powermac G5, G4 Powerbook, G4 iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 4:43 PM

1 reply

My 27" late 2009 iMac will not power on. Prior to this it had a couple of issues of screen going black. Advice please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.