Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my custom keyboard layout won't work in Pages?

Greetings.

I have created a custom keyboard layout through the program Ukelele. When I had saved it and selected it as the current keyboard layout, I begin to type and it types as if the keyboard layout were the default US. I changed the font thinking some of the characters must not show up in some of the fonts, nothing; still typing in a default US format. I then went to TextEdit and it worked perfectly fine. It acknowledged the custom keyboard layout I was using. :

My question(s) is(are): How come in TextEdit my custom keyboard layout can work, but in Pages it doesn't? Is there something I need to change for Pages to start using my custom keyboard layout?

- With regards:

OSxOS (T. Levi Drayton)

System Info: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Pages (5.5.2)

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2017 10:01 AM

I had the same issue, except with Notes (I didn't try Pages). If the layout was installed in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts", it wouldn't work, but if I installed it to "~/Library/Keyboard Layouts" (that is, only installing it for the current user as opposed to system-wide), it works.

6 replies

How come my custom keyboard layout won't work in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.