Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5s Surface glass's of display screen is broken?

Actually the glass has just has 2 crack , LCD is working properly, an apple store retailer told me I have to pay 383$ to replace it!!!!!! Really????? What should I do? Any suggestion?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2015 10:37 PM

If nothing else is broken, Apple can replace the screen instead of the whole unit:

Screen repair service pricing
Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

Model Screen repair cost
iPhone 6 $109
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $129

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2015 10:37 PM in response to Miraclerain

If nothing else is broken, Apple can replace the screen instead of the whole unit:

Screen repair service pricing
Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare product coverage. Apple will run a diagnostic test to determine whether your iPhone has experienced additional damage. If it has, or if it needs other repairs, you may need to pay an out-of-warranty service fee. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

Model Screen repair cost
iPhone 6 $109
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $129

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

Jan 15, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Miraclerain

I would not do that. Once you have opened the phone, Apple will not touch it anymore, even if you are willing to pay the OOW-Service fee.

If only the glass of the screen is broken, Apple will only replace the screen, not the whole unit.

Maybe you should talk to Apple Support or Authorized Apple Service Provider to clear that up, and not to an Apple Retailer. ( who would rather wants to sell you a new phone 😉)

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

iPhone Screen Repair

Model Screen repair service fee
iPhone 6 A$ 148.95
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s,
iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
A$ 178.95

The screen repair service fee includes a A$ 19.95 shipping fee. All fees are in Australian dollars and include GST. Pricing may vary for screen repair service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider or your wireless carrier.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone /Australia

my iphone 5s Surface glass's of display screen is broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.