Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photive Smart Case for Air 2?

I looked at the rooCase Origami case for my new iPad Air 2, but wondered if it was a little too bulky. Has anyone tried a Photive Smart Case for their iPad? I want to get something for my Air 2 that strikes a nice balance between good protection (doesn't have to be armored since it doesn't travel much), not marking up or scratching the iPad, and being too bulky. These look like a nice, reasonably priced alternative to the Apple Smart Case.

Here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/Photive-Lightweight-Stand-Protection-Feature/dp/B00P6WAYX0 /ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1421329366&sr=1-6

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 5:56 AM

5 replies

Jan 15, 2015 6:15 AM in response to RobS10

Have you read the reviews of that particular case at the Amazon link you posted? I don't know how many hits you'll get to this post regarding that particular item.

EDIT: I see that there are only 8 reviews for that case and is likely why you'd like more reports on it.

That being said and looking at that case, it does look nice and something I'd consider myself if I had an iPad Air 2 as Apple no longer makes polyurethane Smart Cases for the newer iPads. I really don't care for the leather Smart Cases.

Jan 15, 2015 6:12 AM in response to SergZak

SergZak wrote:

Have you read the reviews of that particular case at the Amazon link you posted? I don't know how many hits you'll get to this post regarding that particular item.

Yes, I did...not many yet, but 7 - 5 star and one 3 star. Pretty good rating, but such a small sample it's hard to trust yet. Just thought maybe someone here in this vast pool of iPad users may have tried it.

Mar 4, 2015 5:27 AM in response to Intrnette

Intrnette wrote:

Mine just arrived today and it is great. Fits nicely, not bulky and good price point. I looked at many others before choosing this one - simple & slim.

Hello again Intrnette,

Now that you've had it a while, do you still like your case? Are the magnets strong enough? Do they hold the case against the back of the iPad when flipped back, or does it flap freely? Does it stay securely put when you prop it up?

Sorry for all the questions ;-).

Photive Smart Case for Air 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.