Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any final cut express 4.0.1 update available?

Is there any final cut express 4.0.1 update available? I want a RELIABLE source to update this, preferably by APPLE, Inc.

I'm VERY disappointed that APPLE does not have that on the website. I SUPPORTED you by buying a product and in return you do NOT have a place for us to install upgrades especially if consumers like me got a new laptop. That is just plain MEAN. 😕 I mean, REALLY.

Thank you and I hope to get this as soon as possible.

Final Cut Express-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 7:57 AM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2015 12:18 PM in response to DeafProducer

Final Cut Express was discontinued 3 years ago (June 2011). It was replaced by Final Cut Pro X.

FCE is no longer supported by Apple. That does not mean it won't run on Lion, Mt. Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite, however with each successive upgrade to OS X it becomes less & less likely that FCE will be installable or even run properly after being installed, because it is so much older than the current versions of OS X. That said, the FCE 4.0.1 update is still available through Software Update provided you already have FCE 4.0 installed on your Mac. The 4.0.1 update is not available "publicly," meaning you can't search for it on Apple's website and find it; FCE 4.0 has to already be installed on your Mac and you have to update it via Software Update on your Mac.

One forum contributor DID find a way to download the 4.0.1 update without using Software Update, see this thread -> Where can I download Final Cut Express 4.0.1?

My advice is to move to Final Cut Pro X since you have a Mac running Mavericks (10.9.5).

I understand your frustration at having purchased some software and now you can no longer use it. However, obsolescence is a natural part of the technology world. FCE is now obsolete and has been replaced by Final Cut Pro X. If you have OS X Lion or any later version of OS X installed on your Mac, you should be looking at Final Cut Pro X.

Is there any final cut express 4.0.1 update available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.