Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I receive notifications I do not hear any alerts. I had done a reset last night to get it working. It's just Facebook notification alerts n game alerts that seem to not be working

I Have an iPad mini. Just had it replaced last night. I'm not hearing any Facebook or game notifications what can I do. I done a reset last night

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 8:29 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Annabanana78

Do you hear keyboard clicks and other app sounds? If you don't you have system sounds muted. Before you check that, make sure that you have sounds enabled for games and Facebook in Settings>Notifications. If that's not the problem, then system sounds probably are muted.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to: Mute System sounds. If this option is selected, the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume rocker will mute system sounds.

If you choose Lock Screen Rotation, then the switch locks the screen. If the screen is locked, you will see a lock icon in the upper right corner next to the battery indicator gauge.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation then the system sound control is in the control center if you are running iOS 7 or iOS 8, Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to control center. Tap on the bell icon and system sounds will return.

If you have the side switch set to mute system sounds, then the screen lock can be accessed in the same manner as described above.

This support article from Apple explains how the side switch works.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

When I receive notifications I do not hear any alerts. I had done a reset last night to get it working. It's just Facebook notification alerts n game alerts that seem to not be working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.