Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match will not upload all my music

After iTunes Match completed sync, I noticed there were still 800 songs that were not uploaded. All the music I own is either bought on iTunes or CD and imported. Match says 4460 songs, my iTunes says 5222 songs. There are also several artists and albums that are on my iTunes that were not uploaded via iTunes Match and will not manually sync to the iCloud.

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 9:26 AM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Broncosfan8003

Greetings Broncosfan8003,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If you've turned on iTunes Match, but many songs were not matched or uploaded, start with these tips to isolate the potential causes:

Songs appear to be missing

Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) might not appear in iCloud, or might appear grayed out. This can occur if your computer is not authorized to play that content. Try authorizing your computer, then manually update iTunes Match. To determine what Apple ID your computer needs to be authorized for to play a specific song:

1. Locate and select the song in your iTunes library.
  2. Choose File > Get Info.
  3. In the Summary tab, locate the Account Name field in the right column. Write it down.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Choose Store > Authorize this Computer.
  6. Type in the account name from the Summary field and enter its password. Click Authorize.
  7. Choose Store > Update iTunes Match.

Check iCloud Status

iCloud status will help you to determine whether a song was purchased from the iTunes Store, matched, uploaded, or is ineligible for upload. Items might not be eligible for upload if:

• Your computer is not authorized for playback for that item.
  • The music video was not purchased from the iTunes Store or was purchased using a different Apple ID.

To see the iCloud status of your songs:

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you're in the My Music window. If you're not, click on the Music icon in the upper-left corner, then click on My Music in the top-middle of the screen.
  2. In the pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, select Songs.
  3. In the same menu, click Show Columns.
  4. Make sure that there is a check next to iCloud Status. If there's not, click on iCloud Status.
    A status button will then be visible next to songs.
    User uploaded file

If a song contains DRM and is no longer available on the iTunes Store for purchase, the song is uploaded to iCloud and made available for download in protected DRM format. You will be required to authorize your computer or device for playback.

A song will not be uploaded to iCloud if the song contains DRM, was purchased using a different Apple ID, and could not be matched.

When you subscribe to or enable iTunes Match, your iOS device or computer will be associated to the Apple ID being used for iTunes Match. Learn more about associating a device or computer to an Apple ID.

You can find these steps and more information here:

How to troubleshoot iTunes Match - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Match will not upload all my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.