Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The podcast app (ver 2.2) immediately crashes for my iPhone 6 Plus.

I just bought my iPhone 6 plus last Saturday and my podcast app immediately crashes every time I attempt to open the app. This bug occurred with Apple's podcast app on my iPhone 5s. Eventually that problem went away by itself or the latest update. Since the podcast app is permanent in the system and cannot be deleted I don't have the option of installation.

I've already tried the solution using the airplane mode in order to trick the podcast app but that has never worked for me. Other than doing a full restore are there any solutions to this problem?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 11:18 AM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2015 9:48 AM in response to KR811

Hello KR811,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Podcast application is not opening the way you would expect. There are a couple of different troubleshooting steps that I would recommend in this situation.

First I would recommend forcing the Podcast application to close using the steps provided in the attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After the Podcast application has been closed, I would recommend resetting your iPhone 6. The instructions for resetting an iOS device can be found in the following attached article.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After your iPhone boots back on after the reset, please open the Podcast application fresh and test it out. Please let me know if the issue continues.

Cheers,

Joe

The podcast app (ver 2.2) immediately crashes for my iPhone 6 Plus.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.