Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to change my Apple ID and password in itunes. Now my icloud doesn't work and I can't update my apps on my iPhone. I have looked at suggestions on the community pages and apple suggestions but none of them are relevant to iOS 8.1.2 icloud just

I had to change my Apple ID and password in itunes. Now my icloud doesn't work and I can't update my apps on my iPhone. I have looked at suggestions on the community pages and apple suggestions but none of them are relevant to iOS 8.1.2

icloud just keeps bringing up my old email address & asking for my old password which doesn't exist anymore and when I try to sign out of icloud it wants my old password, when I tried to change my primary email back to the old one it wants me to verify it through an email address that doesn't exist. Please can you help me sort out this nightmare.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 1:52 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2015 12:25 PM in response to skippy2012trev

Hi skippy2012trev,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you updated your Apple Id and password but now you are being prompted for the old information in iCloud. You are on the right track by changing the Apple ID back to the previous email address temporarily so that you can sign out. You should not need to verify the email address. After you edit the Apple ID back to the old email address and then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, edit the Apple ID back to the address you would currently like to use. There is no need to change the password again, only the email address, unless you prefer to update the password again.

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID temporarily

If signing out and back in to iMessage or FaceTime didn't help, try these steps:

1. Change your Apple ID to the Apple ID you used previously. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  2. Tap Settings > iCloud. Complete these steps only if the Find My [Device] setting is turned on:
    1. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
    2. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device]. In either case, your data remains in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    3. Enter the password for your previous Apple ID.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the new email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  4. Return to Settings > iCloud and sign in with your new Apple ID.

Cheers,

Joe

I had to change my Apple ID and password in itunes. Now my icloud doesn't work and I can't update my apps on my iPhone. I have looked at suggestions on the community pages and apple suggestions but none of them are relevant to iOS 8.1.2 icloud just

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.