Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test

Cannot run Apple Hardware Test - always end up at normal startup/login screen. Have tried pressing D, pressing Option D, pressing Command D etc - nothing works. I have a late 2007 MacBook running OS X Lion (10.7.5) later versions refuse to install - with 4GB RAM and 240GB OWC SSD. Any advice/assistance will be appreciated.

Safari 6.0-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 7:55 PM

5 replies

Jan 15, 2015 9:27 PM in response to Kappy

Hey,

Thanks for your assistance and links to helpful info.

I have the original 'grey' discs that came from Apple but could not for the life of me find anything to do with AHT other than a .pdf instructing how to run it - however that did not work either. Seems like that as my MacBook is not in 'original' condition, either software and hardware, AHT is not going to 'come to the party' and run!!

Anyhow, thanks for info and your assistance.

Jan 16, 2015 3:39 AM in response to mcstraz

Please share the steps you took with the original discs to try to run AHT. If your optical drive works it's as simple as inserting disc two into the superdrive and restarting while you hold the D key. Press D immediately after you hear the start up chime.

You never mention what kind of trouble you're having that makes you want to run AHT in the first place. Perhaps someone can help with that.

Apple Hardware Test

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.