Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Wireless and Ethernet at the same time on different apple TV's

Itunes 12.0.1.26

27" iMac 2011

2.7Ghz

16Gb Ram

Apple Tv latest

Hi

OK there is probably a thread to this anyway so pointing me in the right direction would be nice

Here's the question:

I have 4 Apple TV's around the house. One I want to connect to an ethernet cable that is near my computer the rest use wireless!

Can I have one Apple Tv on the Ethernet and the rest on wireless????

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 7:18 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2015 3:05 PM in response to Rawlo

Hey Rawlo,

I see that you wish to set up some Apple TVs around your house, one of which you would like to use a wired Ethernet connection and the others you would prefer to use a Wi-Fi connection. This can be done quite simply when setting up each individual Apple TV, and there is an article that talks about these steps in the set up procedure:

Apple TV: Initial Configuration - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT2280

1. Network Configuration

Have your network password (if you use one) and your Apple Remote handy to configure your Apple TV. Make sure there are no obstructions between the remote and Apple TV. Read more about using and troubleshooting the Apple Remote.

If you:

• Use a wired Ethernet network to connect, Apple TV automatically detects your network.
  • Use a wireless network to connect, Apple TV helps you select and configure your network connection.

User uploaded file
User uploaded file User uploaded file User uploaded file
User uploaded file

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Using Wireless and Ethernet at the same time on different apple TV's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.