Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Cellular Data doesn't work

I have a iPhone 5 (Black, 32 Gig)

iOS 8.1.2

Version: 8.1.2 (12B440)

Carrier: T-Mobile 18.1

PRL: 62121

Model: ND122LL/A

Modem Firmware: 7.03.00

If you need any other information please ask.

I got it activated at a authorized Metro PCS dealer store on 12/31/14

I got the $40 Plan which includes:

• Unlimited data, talk and text
  • First 1GB of data at up to 4G LTE speeds

Also had to buy a new SIM card from them. When i first got my iPhone (Factory Unlocked) it made me choose a carrier before i could access the fun stuff on the phone, so i cut up and put it my old metro SIM card and put it in the iPhone 5.

What does work on the phone? Text and calling (Most of the time anyway)

What doesn't work on the phone? Cellular Data, and i can't setup a voicemail.

When i try to just use the Data by itself i get "No Internet Connection" and "Safari Could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

What have I done so far?

I have taken the phone into the MetroPCS store that i bought the plan from and they called the company up and did a "Network reset" for me, that didn't work.

They said if that didn't work i should call them myself which i did, told them everything and they couldn't help me fix it so they made a "Ticket" that could take 4-5 days to complete. They completed it and texted my iPhone "remedy@netcare1.metropcs.net: no subject/ Your MetroPCS Trouble Ticket has been resolved & Services should be working. We appreciate your business & the chance to help! MetroPCS terms&conditions apply" And that too did not work. The next thing i did was contact Apple support to see if they had any advice for me, they ran a diagnostic on the phone and everything was okay. They made me restore my iPhone as "NEW" and that didn't work. Nothing has worked. I' m going to take my phone to corporate MetroPCS and see if they know what the **** to do! There is an Apple store about an hour away from me.. should i get it checked there if that doesn't work? Does anyone know what to do?

Here's my Cellular Data settings:

Cellular Data

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Username:

Password:

LTE Setup (Optional)

APN:

Username:

Password:

MMS

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

Username:

Password:

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy:

MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 7:47 PM

21 replies

Feb 1, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Ikuto

If they are telling you it's supported, then take it to them for help Apple does not support it. They are NOT a supported carrier as far as Apple is concerned. They are NOT authorized to carry the iPhone. That doesn't mean it won't work, that means that Apple can't help you make it work. Talking to T-Mobile about how to get your phone working on an unsupported carrier is pointless. Talk to Metro PCS or go find a supported carrier... like T-Mobile.

iPhone 5 Cellular Data doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.