Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The sims 2 dodgy downloading.

After purchasing The Sims 2 last night for £22.99 I am having trouble getting it to download all the way. It has been downoading for 13 hours and is not even half way and has now paused and frozen. what is a frustrated girl, who is about to throw her laptop to do?...

Damsel in distress.

xoxo

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 12:50 AM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2015 7:10 AM in response to SK.DIN

Hi SK.DIN,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If you have an app that is stuck downloading, the first thing I would suggest is to restart your MacBook Pro. This will refresh your computer and re-establish the connection to the internet. Then follow the steps in this article:

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht1725

1. Restart your iOS device or computer.
  2. Check for updates for your Mac or PC and install any software updates. Also, update any security software you may have (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, and so on).
  3. If using Wi-Fi for Internet access, try using a different Wi-Fi network when downloading. If you are connecting to a home network, try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Also, check for and install any firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router. (Refer to the manufacturer's website for your router to get information on updating its firmware.)
  4. If you are using a Mac or PC, try using an Ethernet cable for wired Internet access instead of using Wi-Fi. If the issue is still unresolved and you're using iTunes for Windows, follow the steps to troubleshoot security software issues.

Related Articles

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

The sims 2 dodgy downloading.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.