Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bypass unlock through siri (PLEASE FIX)

I am able to functionally bypass and use my passcode locked iPhone 6 by using siri. While iPhone is locked ask siri something silly like "how many cities does Cali have" and then click on a webpage *surprisingly no authentication needed* you may proceed to push the home button. WALA there goes your locked iPhone that now anybody can use. Please FIX

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 2:07 AM

38 replies

Jan 26, 2016 8:41 AM in response to anypats

Its no mistake I think I found it, I saw this thread yesterday wanting to learn more about my iphone.

I have an Iphone 6s, and this is how I did it: step one say "hey Siri" , then I followed by asking her " look up money one fcu facebook page,"

I got many links, and clicked the one that said facebook she proceeded to open the webpage and I pressed the home button with my pinky and my phone was unlock. I was not able to do it over and over again. Just once.

When I tried to do it over and my phone started showing less facebook links, and what ever I asked the phone it would ask for the passcode if I wanted to open the links, I turned off the phone and turned it back on and Siri would not listen to me. She would only talk to me after I've unlocked the phone at least once.

I think jnachez should be fine. unless someone happens to find a way to replicate the results over and over again.

Jan 16, 2015 11:20 AM in response to jnachez

jnachez wrote:

All I'm doing is holding the home button *while phone is locked* for 1 sec,

My point exactly: this is how you unlock the phone. You don't have to press the power button and be told to "slide", you can equally well fire up the phone and unlock it by simply holding down the home button. Try it using a finger that the phone doesn't know about.

Jan 16, 2015 11:33 AM in response to jnachez

jnachez wrote:

This bug doesn't work with my iPad Air only my iPhone.

Because your iPad Air doesn't have Touch ID. That's only available on iPhone 5S and higher, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3.

Try putting on a glove and/or using a non-registered finger. Or press down on the Hoe Button with the tip of an eraser.

It's not a bug. You are unlocking your iPhone with your finger via Touch ID.

This is where you say, "Oops, my mistake".

Jan 16, 2015 11:51 AM in response to jnachez

It may be worth disabling Touch ID so that you can test without it. I'd also suggest rebooting the device to be 100% sure that it is locked. Can you actually browse you web history & go to other apps?

Siri can be disabled from working on the lock screen…

Settings > Passcode > Disable Siri in the "Allow access when locked" section.

I'm looking at iOS 7, so please dig into your settings if it is different on iOS 8.

Siri has many issues like this – as her to call you 'fartface' from the lock screen 🙂

Jan 16, 2015 12:02 PM in response to jnachez

So far we've just had people offer possible solutions or assume the OP is doing something wrong. Are others able to test this on their iPhones to see if they can replicate the behavior? I tested it and when clicking on the website I was prompted for my passcode or Touch ID. I was unable to replicate it but wondering what others are experiencing.

bypass unlock through siri (PLEASE FIX)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.