Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted calendar on MacBook Pro

On my iMac, iPhone, iPad and also on iCloud, iCal is synchronized and working perfectly.

However on my MacBookPro iCal is corrupted (calendar data are missing).

Is it possible to restore these data from iCloud?

Many thanks in advance,

Goos

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), MacBook Pro, iPad2, iPhone4s

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 8:30 AM

9 replies

Jan 17, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Bakkergh

1. Calendars in the On My Mac or On My iPhone/iPad/iPod category, and calendars that sync with other network services such as Google, will not sync with iCloud.

2. Back up all data, then take all the applicable steps in these support articles:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting

Nearly all sync issues should be resolved that way. Please make sure you've taken all the steps and tested adequately before continuing.

3. If there are any calendars on your Mac that you don't synchronize with iCloud, export them by selecting them in the calendar list and then selecting

File ▹ Export ▹ Export

from the menu bar. Quit Calendar.

4. Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Calendars

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services ▹ Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A Finder window should open with a folder selected. Move that folder to the Desktop.

5. Launch Calendar. Your calendars will initially be gone, but they should resynchronize with iCloud. If they don't, uncheck the boxes marked Calendars and Reminders in the iCloud preference pane, then re-check them.

6. Import the calendars you exported in Step 3, if any, by double-clicking the files.

7. If the issue is resolved, close the Finder window you opened in Step 4. Delete the exported files and the Calendars folder on the Desktop.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jan 18, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Linc Davis

I have carried out the instructions proposed by you and Apple.

After loading the calendars from iCloud into my iCal program, there was no change whatsoever. Just only one calendar ('Private') has always worked correctly, the others do not show up.

I inspected the originally backed-up calenders with textedit and saw that all data are available, but the iCal program does not show these.

Is it possible that the iCal program itself is corrupted? Is it possible to delete and reload the program again? After reloading (from where?) will it synchronize again with iCloud?

Regards,

Goos Bakker

Jan 19, 2015 4:15 AM in response to Linc Davis

Once more I ran through all options and two calendars are now available. The birthday and holyday calendars are still missing.

I was very afraid to lose data while carriing out those manipulations on icloud, because these are very complex (at least for me!).

I can live with the situation as it is now.

I thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Goos Bakker

Corrupted calendar on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.