Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly can't get new Yahoo! mail on my mac.

I can get gmail, and can get Yahoo! mail using other my other apple devices (through same internet service). Also able to log into webmail with no issues. Didn't change any settings since yesterday (the last time I was able to receive new Yahoo! mail on my mac). Seems like a problem specific to the mac itself, since it's not an issue with the internet, server, or account credentials.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 12:16 PM

104 replies

Jun 9, 2017 8:54 AM in response to thegluethatholdsthisthingtogether

24 hours now, still not reconnecting on my mac, still receiving on both iPad and iPhone. What is odd is that when I try to enter my password, I get a message that it failed, but if i go check my mail on Yahoo, I get a message that seems to imply I was successful:

Your Yahoo account jim_power was just used to sign in on Mac OS X.

User uploaded file

If you did this, you’re all set.

Jul 10, 2017 12:21 AM in response to thegluethatholdsthisthingtogether

I had this same problem and it is vexing. To correct this you go to Yahoo security (mail) and activate the button (make it green) "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". that will take care of your problem. (I created a new password too for the Yahoo account). Not sure why Yahoo does this but that holds true for a lot of the mix and match policies. Perhaps they are trying to drive Mac users to their App?

Good luck.

Suddenly can't get new Yahoo! mail on my mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.