Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the IMAP path prefix for setting up Comcast accounts on Mail 7.0

I am trying to add a new email account to my 27" iMac, (Mavericks 10.9.5). Between the incoming dialog box and the outgoing dialog box, there is an additional box that asks for the Path prefix and the port.

Does anyone know what the IMAP path prefix is for Comcast and what port to use?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Magic mouse

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 4:21 PM

in is imap.comcast.net 993

out is smtp.comcast.net 465

9 replies

Feb 18, 2015 8:49 PM in response to DonH49

He also asked imap.comcast.net path prefix. I am using the proper ports in my mail settings.

in is imap.comcast.net 993

out is smtp.comcast.net 465

but I'm still am getting this message, "The connection to the server “imap.comcast.net” on port 143 timed out." So I checked my Comcast Internet account in Internet Accounts, and clicked advanced. My imap hostname is imap.comcast.net, and for some reason there is only one port listed and it's 143. Use SSL is checked, but imap path prefix is blank. Should it be blank? All that I am sure of is that last year, before I took the Yosemite plunge, mac mail was able to get mail from Comcast.

Dec 10, 2016 6:33 PM in response to nfotx

Hello Comcast/Xfinity customers-

Over a year and a half later would you believe the problem still exists, unresolved. Unable to encrypt important docs etc. except through wireless server outside of Comcast which supplies all the basic cable tv, internet and phone services as well as security for our homes. I hate to Make the change but with everything else moving ahead so quickly why does this remain a stagnant utterance to a massive Corporation where this should have been prioritized long long ago at inception. It bothers me as a loyal credit worthy customer paying over 500. 00 a month. This is not including cell phones, for which we have Verizon, thank God. This may be a long term undercover scam. WHO really knows? I would imagine it would be a great savings for Comcast if their customer base used an older provider i.e. Google for a email provider. Wow!! That is why they are the wealthy ones and we sit back and accept this as though it is ok. It is not. It has gone on tooling and I have too many headaches trying to work through it. One could become borderline dysfunctional at best. Any answers on this?

User uploaded file

I do hope so

What is the IMAP path prefix for setting up Comcast accounts on Mail 7.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.