Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-order: unable to download and never received email link

I pre-ordered an album a few weeks ago on my Macbook. A couple days ago, my iPhone had a notification that the album was available and I thought, great! It was already downloaded on my iPhone, but it was not downloaded onto my Macbook. I checked my email to see if there was an email from apple with a link so I could download the rest of the album and there was not. I also saw my credit card account was charged for the 5 songs that were available before the whole album was available. I can't get the album onto my Macbook because it says I've already purchased it. Well Apple, how am I supposed to get it if I didn't get the email link? And even if I did, there should still be another option when I go into the iTunes store where I can just download it since I'm already logged in. This shouldn't be so tricky. Help me out people. Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 1:59 PM

1 reply

Jan 18, 2015 12:44 PM in response to SzwAck

Hi SzwAck,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The resource below will explain how to pre-orders work, and how to download the album you've ordered. I've also included a link to the iTune Store Team if you are still not able to access the album after following these steps:

iTunes Store: About pre-orders - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202723

When the pre-order item becomes available, your account will be billed for the pre-order, and the item will appear in the Purchased section of your account. If there is a billing issue that prevents us from billing your account when the item is released, you'll receive an email notifying you that the item is available.

ome pre-orders include songs that are available for download immediately. When you pre-order, you will be charged only for these songs and you will receive them immediately.

To pre-order an item

1. Click or tap the Pre-order button.
  2. Click or tap Pre-order on the confirmation dialog.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you've successfully completed a pre-order, a thank-you page will appear.

Download a pre-ordered item

When a pre-ordered item becomes available, you will receive an email letting you know that you can download your pre-order.

If you enabled the option to automatically download prepurchased content in iTunes, then your pre-ordered content may already be in your library. If not, click the download link provided in your email notification, and your pre-ordered content will begin to download. You can also use the Check for Available Downloads feature in iTunes on your computer (choose Store > Check for Available Downloads) to begin downloading your pre-order.

To view, cancel, or see the expected release dates for your pending pre-orders

1. Choose Store > View My Apple ID and click Manage Pre-Orders, which is located in the Settings section at the bottom of the Account Information screen in iTunes on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  2. From the Manage Pre-Orders screen, click the Cancel button to the right of the pre-order you want to cancel. You'll be asked to confirm your pre-order cancellation.
    User uploaded file

Note: You can't manage pre-orders on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.

Last Modified:

Download past purchases - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2519

Download previous purchases on Mac or PC

Make sure your Mac or PC meets these system requirements:

• iTunes 10.3 or later
    You need iTunes 10.6 or later to download previously purchased movies and TV shows.
  • iTunes account in a country where iTunes in the Cloud is available

iTunes Store

1. Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store.
  2. Click Purchased in the Quick Links section.
    User uploaded file
  3. Select the content type that you want to download (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).
  4. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  5. Find the item that you want to download. You can browse using the menu to the left. If you have more than 2,000 songs, you'll see Recent Purchases instead of All Songs or Albums.
  6. Click the Download User uploaded file icon next to the item you want to download.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

If you'd like to view your past purchases on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch so that you can report a problem, visit reportaproblem.apple.com to see your purchases from the last 90 days.

If you're looking for information about refunds or unauthorized charges, learn more.

See your purchase history

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
  2. Click iTunes Store.
  3. Click Sign In.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password.
    User uploaded file
  5. Click your Apple ID and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
    User uploaded file
  6. Next to Purchase History, click See All.
    It might take a moment for your Purchase History to appear.
    User uploaded file
  7. To see the details for a purchase, click the arrow to the left of the order date. Your most recent purchases are first.
    User uploaded file
    You'll see the date, time, and web order number in the top-right corner. If you don't recognize a purchase, see if it's one of these types of charges.
    User uploaded file

Learn more

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Pre-order: unable to download and never received email link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.