Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone greyed out in iTunes

Hey so today i come home and i plug in my iphone to my pc to put some songs in it but i cant eaven click the iphone icon

as you can see the iphone icon is grey and i cant click it so i cant actually do anything with my iphone in itunes.

Any help please ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 3:00 PM

11 replies

Apr 8, 2017 8:47 AM in response to lawgirl23

I'm on a Mac, and this was happening to me too. Here's the part where Apple is dropping the ball: I got an error message stating there was not enough space on my iPad to install the newest update. The error suggested I adjust the sync settings in my iPad. Well, I CAN'T ADJUST THE SYNC SETTINGS USING ITUNES BECAUSE THAT **** BUTTON IS GRAYED OUT. Apple's 'help' was useless, and I ended up just Googling the answer to find this forum.

Eventually, I just disconnected the iPad from the computer and updated it via Wifi. The iPad button is still grayed out in iTunes. (SMH)

Jan 17, 2015 3:21 PM in response to DigitCore

OMG guys after 2 days without anyone anwsering my question i found it out my self just trying some random stuff.

I just restarted the apple mobile device service and it worked 😀 !

I followed these steps and bam it worked !

Windows

• Disconnect your iPad, iPhone or iPod and close iTunes.
  • Open “Services”. Windows XP -> Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services;Windows Vista / 7 -> Start > Search > type Services > Services; Windows 8 -> Open Charms to search> type Services > Select View local services.
  • Select Apple Mobile Device.
  • Click “Stop the service” then click “Start the service”.

However this didnt solve it much because i can click it finally but i cannot sync anything :/ so i still need help.

Mar 13, 2015 3:39 PM in response to DigitCore

Hey guys if you check for Windows Updates and install them, it should work. You may have to restart the computer after installation.

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
  2. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  3. If any updates are found, click Install updates.

The update that caused me the issue was the Microsoft .NET Framework

Hope this helps,

Ms. Shay

iPhone greyed out in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.