Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dual boot on yosemite from factory

So, I bought my mac mini and got surprised that nothing works on Yosemite(that came from factory, important detail) yet. So I'd like to make a dual boot with a Mavericks OSX to have my work done. But it just dont work as the tutorials and everything. I saw some posts on foruns, saying that Yosemite factory installed has some kind of files that cant be replace or erased, something like that, and thats why I cant do the downgrade, but I just don't understand why it also don't let me do a dual boot.

I just want a dual boot Yosemite and Mavericks, thats all !

Please help me !

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 5:51 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2015 4:35 PM in response to vitinhuffc

One problem is that you can't download Mavericks any longer - perhaps you have the Mavericks installer on another system?

Also what exact model of Mini do you have - look on "About this Mac" and what does it show for the model (first item under the Version 10.10.x line)? But like KiltedTim said, your model may only be "officially" supported by Yosemite.

Do you really want to install Mavericks if it might have problems working on your model, assuming you could find a way around the restrictions?

dual boot on yosemite from factory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.