Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 screen is black and is unresponsive to home key or lock button.

My iphone 6 screen is black and is unresponsive to home key or lock button. Phone is powered on and will ring, but no display. I have tried powering it off, but it will not respond. What do I need to do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 6:48 PM

For some awesome reason my phone is hot and black screen. I have not been able to use my phone in 2 days. I tried to home and power button method for 15 plus seconds but it is not working. I have not dropped my phone nor have I had any water damage that I am aware of. I want my phone back man lol I'm sad

18 replies

Jan 18, 2015 2:19 PM in response to stayhome4boys

Hey stayhome4boys,

If you are having an issue with seeing only a black screen on your iPhone, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Start with the section titled If you see a solid color screen (black, white or blue)

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Oct 8, 2015 10:23 PM in response to stayhome4boys

I literally just had this problem! I could tell that my phone was on because it would vibrate when id plug it in to my charger, or if I tried to call it using my home phone it would vibrate AND if I got a text! I soon became frustrated because nothing was working until I saw Ivans response and it WORKED!!!! I totally suggest holding the power AND the home button down at the exact same time for 15 seconds and your phone should correct itself and the original "powering" or "turning on" screen appears. Good luck; and a huge thanks to Ivan Mishev!!! You're a life saver.

My iphone 6 screen is black and is unresponsive to home key or lock button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.