Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi ..how can i update ios 8.1.2 at iphone 5 and how i am transfer the data in icloud more then 5 gb without purchaging space???

hi ..how can i update ios 8.1.2 at iphone 5 and how i am transfer the data in icloud more then 5 gb without purchaging space???. Is that true after update ios 8.1.2 battery will drain shortly???? its true!!! plz suggest how should save my battery .......???

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 1:41 AM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2015 1:47 AM in response to kumar kalptaru

Hi kumar kalptaru,

In regards to the update, you can sync with iTunes where all your data, images, apps and everything else will be stored in your computer instead of iCloud: Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

In regards to battery draining... for each and every iOS version that Apple releases there are always complains about battery draining. My answer to that is that there are dozens of services running in the background you might not need, like location services, background app refresh, automatic downloads to mention a few that you can easily disable without losing functionality and save battery.

Jan 17, 2015 2:15 AM in response to kumar kalptaru

Kumar, you just need to read and follow the steps in the Support link I posted. What is confusing you?

Back up using iTunes

Use these steps to back up the content on your iOS device to iTunes on your computer:

1. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Back up.User uploaded file

You can also back up by syncing your device with your computer. When you use iTunes to sync, backing up is the first step.

To check that the backup finished successfully, open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab. You'll see the name of the device along with the date and time iTunes created the backup.

User uploaded file

hi ..how can i update ios 8.1.2 at iphone 5 and how i am transfer the data in icloud more then 5 gb without purchaging space???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.