Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I check the status of an itunes case id

I have been given a case ID from apple as I have an un-activated itunes voucher that was given to my daughter as a Xmas gift. I first sent an email to apple about this on 27th December however I have still yet to receive a reply other than the customary 48hr response that says "we are looking into your query". Where can I go to find out the status of my case id?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 2:48 AM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2015 7:03 AM in response to Stravvy

Hi Stravvy,

The links below will connect you to the iTunes Store Support team. They should be able to help you with your voucher issue.

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

If you can't redeem your iTunes Gift Card or code - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201195

If you can't redeem your iTunes Gift Card or code

When you try to redeem an iTunes Gift Card or code, you might see a message that the code is invalid or inactive. Or you might not be able to easily read the code. If that’s happening to you, try these steps.

User uploaded file

Use your camera

In some countries, you can use the camera on your Mac or iOS device to redeem your gift card. If you can't use your camera to redeem your gift card, you can still enter the code manually.

Make sure you’re typing the right characters

If you enter the code manually, make sure you're typing the right characters. Some letters and numbers look alike, so it’s easy to mix them up. Here are some examples:

User uploaded file

Contact iTunes Store Support

If the code is completely scratched off or you still can't redeem your gift card, contact iTunes Support:

1. Go to the iTunes Store support page and choose your country.
  2. From the menu on the left, choose Contact Support.
  3. Click Contact iTunes Store Support.
  4. Follow the instructions.

iTunes Store Support might ask you to send these things:

• Image of the full front and back of your gift card
  • Sales receipt showing when your card was purchased
  • Serial number from your gift card

You can find the serial number on the back of your gift card. Depending on the type of card you have, the number might appear in different places. Here are some examples:

User uploaded file

Serial number begins with “GCA”

User uploaded file

Serial number begins with “60”

User uploaded file

Serial number begins with “60” (Australia Gift Cards)

User uploaded file

Serial number begins with “EPY”

User uploaded file

Serial number begins with “PBH”

If you need help with an iTunes Gift code from Facebook, contact Facebook Help.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

How do I check the status of an itunes case id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.