Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone heating up

7 months ago from now my iphone got really hot in a life proof box ....took life proof box off iphone still was hot l don't mean warm it was hot ...so was the cord

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 5:59 AM

Electrical devices heat up. it's normal...

3 replies

Feb 2, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Japib

No....... l know things get warm but not hot to the point you cant hang on to it....since the time my iphone got really hot it never really worked the same....it would act up, calls droped, at the time not thinking l would power off wait then power back on ..phone would work for 4 days then act up again plus making one call shouldnt suck up battery life....l know to take off programs in the back ground...l did everything l could ....lm sorry this phone heating up like it did is not normal .....so your info is no good to me.....only had the phone for 1 year and half looks brand new still , phone always been in a protective proof box... l been useing my LG phone since ....plus phone wouldnt turn off .

If this is all you can do for me then you lost a customer for sure .....lm not the only one whos iphone has done the same .....

KK

Feb 27, 2015 12:24 AM in response to kkreschuk

what you could do is either ask a friend who has got the same model iPhone to "test it" to see if it is really hotter than his/hers, or if you do not have any, bring it to Genius Bar in a local Apple Store or at a Certified Service Provider to ask them their opinion.

Use this page to find one near you: https://locate.apple.com/country; sometimes the battery is damaged and simply needs replacing.

iphone heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.