Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini2 connects to wifi but no internet at all. Cant restore because can't disable Find My iPad...

Hi. I need some help here.

My iPad mini 2 was working very well but it suddenly stopped the internet service....

It has the wifi symbol on and doesn't connect to internet.

I tried to fix it by resetting the network settings, but didn't succeed.

Then I tried to restore the iPad with iTunes but it asks me to disable Find My iPad and I cannot do it because it says that it was an error connecting to iCloud.

It's a loop. No connection, no icloud, no restore, no fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 5:48 AM

Have you tried resetting your router or tried using another WiFi network?

8 replies

Jan 28, 2015 4:32 PM in response to granavefenix

I have a very similar issue. I upgraded to 8.1.3 and it the issue was resolved temporarily... now it's back.

I can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store or iCloud. I can browse to some websites... like apple.com... but not google.ca. Suspicious?

My Wi-Fi is perfectly fine as all my other devices including 3 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 iPad 2, gaming console and 2 Android phones are able to connect/browse without any issues.

I've tried resetting my network settings, reset all settings without erasing files, changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, turning on/off set date automatically, reset my iPad mini 2 several times and just about every other trick I could find online. I also tried erasing the device remotely from iCloud... but since it doesn't even see the device... nothing works.

A bit confused at this point...

Jan 28, 2015 4:31 PM in response to jdgervais

jdgervais wrote:

My Wi-Fi is perfectly fine as all my other devices including 3 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 iPad 2, gaming console and 2 Android phones are able to connect/browse without any issues.

Please follow Demo's advice and reboot your modem/Wi-Fi router. I've had this happen in the past as well...suddenly one device out of the blue will get zero internet throughput. Rebooting the modem and the router resolved the issue. You can at least try it...

Power off/unplug both the modem and the router (if they are combined into one unit, simply power off/unplug that one unit).

Plug in the modem first and allow a minute or two to boot/stabilize

Plug in the router afterwards and allow it to boot/stabilize

Try again.

Jan 28, 2015 4:35 PM in response to SergZak

I reset my router and modem just to try and I'm still getting the same issue. To be thorough, I also removed all Mac address filtering...

My streaming apps all work fine. As previously mentioned, I can browse to some sites but not others.

This issue is local to my device and has nothing to do with my network. Managed to get the iPad in recover mode.... we'll see if that works.

Jan 28, 2015 5:02 PM in response to SergZak

After recovering using a hard reset, I have been able to connect to the app store, download all my apps and everything seems fine so far.

If anyone needs to do a hard reset:

• Turn off your iPad
  • Press and hold the Home Button
  • Connect it to your computer via USB cable
  • iTunes should open... if not open it manually
  • You should see an iTunes screen on your iPad
  • Release the home button and follow the instructions in iTunes

Kind of annoying, but it works.

I'll update again if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks to all for the replies, much appreciated.

Ipad mini2 connects to wifi but no internet at all. Cant restore because can't disable Find My iPad...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.