Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing iCloud symbol in Safari on iPad

iCloud is turned on on both my iPad and iPhone (each running iOS 8). Safari is aalso ticked on both devices. On my iPhone I can view any tab I have open on my iPad, but not vice versa. I have no option to view on my iPad any tabs open on my iPhone. I'm also missing the iCloud symbol, the little cloud thing, from within Safari. Any ideas?

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 8, iPad Air; iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 7:15 AM

6 replies

Jan 17, 2015 9:12 AM in response to clhscott

From the way that you worded your statement, I was under the impression that you had no idea how to find the open tabs on the other devices, You asked about the missing iCloud symbol and you didn't realize that was gone, so I assumed you didn't know how to access the iCloud tabs in Safari on the iPad.

You can try refreshing iCloud/Safari syncing by going to Settings>iCloud>Safari>Off. When prompted, select the option to keep the data on the iPad. Then restart the iPad and go back to the settings and turn Safari on again

Jan 17, 2015 9:47 AM in response to Demo

The pertinent part of my post was that i cannot view my iPhone's Safari tabs on my iPad. I can, however, view the iPad's tabs on the iPhone.

Your second suggestion didn't work either. But thanks.

I only mentioned the iCloud symbol because I had already googled the problem and someone mentioned there should be an iCloud symbol. That is not my problem, my problem is that I can't view my iPhone's safari tabs on my iPad.

Missing iCloud symbol in Safari on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.