Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes in windows xp not support iphone6

on my windows XP i can not sync my iphone6 bec of old version of itunes ..!! I can not updated maybe because of XP , maybe it requires windows 7 and letter ..!! So there is any other way to sync my iphone 6 with my XP ??

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2015 7:44 AM

Hello BDShah4797,

It sounds like something is stopping you from syncing your phone to your iTunes library. Here are the requirements for the iPhone from the following resource:

Apple - iPhone 6 - Technical Specifications

• PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
  • iTunes 11.4 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)

You can update your version of iTunes as outlined in this manner:

Update to the latest version of iTune

1. Open iTunes
  2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can find this option in the Advanced menu. Learn how to show the menu bar.
  3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

If that does not allow you to sync, can you elaborate on what happens when you try? Do you get an error message?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2015 7:44 AM in response to BDShah4797

Hello BDShah4797,

It sounds like something is stopping you from syncing your phone to your iTunes library. Here are the requirements for the iPhone from the following resource:

Apple - iPhone 6 - Technical Specifications

• PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
  • iTunes 11.4 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)

You can update your version of iTunes as outlined in this manner:

Update to the latest version of iTune

1. Open iTunes
  2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can find this option in the Advanced menu. Learn how to show the menu bar.
  3. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.

If that does not allow you to sync, can you elaborate on what happens when you try? Do you get an error message?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Jan 25, 2015 1:09 PM in response to BDShah4797

There is some anecdotal evidence that the scripts on the Apple site that are supposed to detect the version of Windows you are running may fail for some users - jumping straight to the "Thank you for downloading ..." page with the installer not having been downloaded. As an alternative, you can go directly to the relevant downloads:

• iTunes 12.0.1.26 for Windows (32-bit) -iTunesSetup.exe <-- this is the version that is supported for Win XP SP3
  • iTunes 12.0.1.26 for Windows (64-bit) -iTunes64Setup.exe

See turingtest2's notes on Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for more details if you're still having problems with installation.

My iTunes in windows xp not support iphone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.