Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting airport express 802.11g to airport extreme 802.11n

I have an airport express 802.11g I am trying to connect and extend my network of my airport extreme 802.11n. I want to be able to connect the ethernet to my airport express and have ethernet of the network to my computer. I did this at my house but I cannot seem to get it in my new apartment. Does anyone know the settings I need to use on each device to make this possible? I have searched for this answer but haven't been able to find an answer. Thanks in advanced

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 7:31 AM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2015 7:57 AM in response to knero

You will need to use what is known as WDS settings to do what you want. Things would be much easier if you had a newer 802.11n version of the AirPort Express.

See this Apple support document for info on WDS

Wi-Fi base stations: Extending the range of your wireless network by adding additional Wi-Fi base stations - Apple Suppo…

Click the WDS Network link under the heading of Steps to Add WiFi Base Stations to your AirPort Network

WDS network

Connecting airport express 802.11g to airport extreme 802.11n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.