Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware

Hi, My iPhone 5s is getting switched off very rarely, before it getting switch off display is turning into blue color and some black & white shades are coming. can someone tell what to do & what will be the problem? Please help me......

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 9:36 AM

13 replies

Jan 17, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Imran139

Try this: How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If the problem comes back, try to set it back to factory settings, without using the latest backup:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If still no luck, get it serviced, it is likely a hardware problem if the above steps do not work.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Jan 20, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Imran139

Hi Ingo2711,

First of all thanks for all your help i really appreciate it! I tried everything but with no luck still i am having the same issue with iTune logo is stucking up on my idevice. Still I have a question about my iPhone 5S, i lastly saw my phone was having is 4% charge when it was having that charge my iPhone asked for setup as a new iphone when i was trying to restore but later few minutes it went to restore mode, my question is when the battery is low and the phone is in restore mode is it possible to restore the phone could it be the reason for not getting restore and for error 14. is it related to it or not please help me on this. If this is the problem please let me know the solution

Thanks!

Imran

Jan 20, 2015 11:03 PM in response to Imran139

Error 14 points to a hardware problem, try these steps after letting the phone charge for at least 10min. If the battery is defective, this might also be a reason for not being able to complete the restore process.

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer may have a hardware issue that's preventing the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't preventing your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Confirm that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

copied from Resolve iOS update and restore errors

Jan 21, 2015 4:56 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you so much for the information, I tried as you mentioned above but it is not working at all.. My 5s is now out of warranty to take at authorized service center, please advise me what would be the best way to get it service professionally, is it okay if I give my phone at local service center. If the problem is with the battery or other hardware. Please advise ingo2711…

Jan 21, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Imran139

If only the battery is defective, Apple can replace it for you.

If some other hardware of the phone is damaged, Apple can exchange the whole phone for a refurbished, new device. Since you're out of warranty, you'll have to pay for that exchange. Check this page about the price for your country and about whom to contact, in some cases the carrier can handle that as well as an Authorized Apple Service Provider.

Service Answer Center - iPhone

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

If a non authorized repair shop does repair the phone and it does not work after that, Apple will not service the phone anymore.

Out-of-warranty repair service
If your repair isn’t covered by Apple’s One Year Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or AppleCare Protection Plan, your iPhone might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. For example, liquid damage isn’t covered by warranty but might be eligible for out-of-warranty service. Some damage isn’t eligible at all, for example if your device has been broken into multiple pieces. See Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Read Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions

Model Out-of-warranty service fee Battery service*
iPhone 6 Plus $329

$79
*available only if battery
fails Apple’s diagnostic test

iPhone 6 $299
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269
iPhone 4s $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G,
Original iPhone
$149

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

Jan 27, 2015 8:27 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi Ingo, I went to service center, but they did not take my phone for service, actually I got my iPhone 5S in Denver city now I am staying in India, service person said they cannot take USA purchased apple product in India for service. Now my question is, my brother is staying in Miami is it okay if my brother take my phone to Miami service center will the service person take my phone for service. Or can I take to Dubai for service. Please help me my warranty period is getting finished on February 16 2015.

Jan 27, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Imran139

As already mentioned, you can get it serviced in the USA, since this is the country where it had been sold and where the warranty is valid.

It might be a good idea to book an appointment at the Apple Store, your brother might not have to wait that long. Also a proof of purchase might be needed.

Don't forget to remove the Activation Lock before that, otherwise your phone can't get serviced.

You can do that by logging into your iCloud on your computer, if you can't access your device, check this article:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.