Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looking for a keyboard suitable for a vintage M6322W/A PMG3 AIO and a mouse

I have a vintage Apple M6322W/A PMG3 AIOI 266Mhz (512k)/32/4GB/24X LC CD/ZIP/WINGS2 circa 2/9/98 and I am looking for a keyboard and mouse for it. I may even be interested in selling it. There is also many software to go with it.

M6322W/A PMG3 AIO-OTHER

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 4:06 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2015 11:25 PM in response to Vintage2015

The beige G3 series (desktop, mini-tower, and A-I-O) uses an Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) keyboard and mouse. If not ebay (where the shipping would be more than the value of those peripherals), depending on where you live, you might try a computer reseller, computer recycling center, or a thrift store. In the U.S., there is very little market interest in the beige G3s anymore, mainly because they're 16 years-old and the technology is so outdated. If you could find a local buyer who could pick it up from you, that would eliminate the shipping expense.

Jan 18, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Vintage2015

Apple once made the best keyboard in the world and it works on PowerMacs with ADB ports like yours--the M3501 Apple Extended keyboard, or "Nimitz," nicknamed for the fact that its size remineded someone of the flight deck if the US aircraft carrier of the same name. If you plan to use the computer for serious writing tasks, the Nimitz is true writers' dream.

Check with schools. Many have a stash of old Mac bits and they may be willing to give one away.

Another possibility is to get involved in a local Mac Users Group. Tht ould eliminate the shipping expense.

http://appleusergroupresources.com/find-a-group/

Another option is to find an older USB PCI adaptor card and go with a USB board and mouse. When I added USB to my Beige G3 Minitower, it extended its usefulness by several years. Just avoid such cards made by Belkin, and any that don't have 'NEC" stamped prominently on the largest chip on the adaptor card. Orange Micro, Sonnet, and Macally sold USB PCI adaptor cards with the NEC chipset.

This is a "known-good" version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MacAlly-UH2-225-5-Port-USB-2-PCI-Card-Mac-/361164628739? pt=US_Internal_Port_Expansion_Cards&hash=item541716e303

looking for a keyboard suitable for a vintage M6322W/A PMG3 AIO and a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.